The Agriculture & Natural Resource Center of Excellence is seeking a Program Manager!
The Program Manager for the Agriculture & Natural Resource Center of Excellence (ANR https://agcenterofexcellence.com/) will provide support to one of the most vital Centers of Excellence in the state. The Program Manager will assist the Director and Program Specialist with the Career Connect Washington Agriculture Sector Intermediary Environmental Scan to support statewide connections across all educational sectors, regional networks, and Program Intermediaries. This work will focus on connecting with industry partners to identify and scale up career connected learning opportunities, focused on Career Explore, Career Prep, and Career Launch. To learn more about Career Connect Washington, please visit: https://careerconnectwa.org/ This is a grant funded position, ending June 30, 2023, with potential for renewal.
If you are interested in agriculture, natural resources, and creating opportunities and access in education, this might be the position for you!
- In collaboration with the Program Specialist, complete deliverables identified within the Sector Intermediary grant.
- For more information regarding grant deliverables, please review the proposal here.
- Design and implement Career Connect Washington – Agriculture Sector Intermediary grant activities within the provided timeline.
- Strengthen, maintain, and expand relations with agriculture and industry partners.
- Create and update Guided Pathway materials.
- Gather and analyze industry and educational data to provide perspective for strategic planning.
- Assist in planning and coordination of industry roundtables and other events hosted by ANR.
- Promote and maintain equity, diversity, and inclusion lens.
- Additional duties as necessary to complete grant deliverables.
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sustain rapport with key partners within the state community and technical college system and agriculture and natural resource-related industries.
- Ability to gather and analyze data specific to agriculture and natural resources. Agriculture or natural resource background is highly desired.
- Ability to professionally represent ANR Center to stakeholders, statewide, presenting an unbiased general approach.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, positive, creative, and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and eliminate bias to ensure a balanced/neutral representation of issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, natural resources, or related field.
- Professional experience related to the essential functions of the position may substitute for education at the discretion of the college.
- Spanish/English bilingual skills desired.
- Experience in or general knowledge of the Community and Technical College System, K-12 System desired.