Articulation Agreement between Columbia Basin College and Walla Walla Community College
The future of agriculture depends on the next generation of professionals who are interested in learning about the intersectionality of agroecology, animal science, policy, plants, technology, soil, and sustainability. Take the next step toward your career!
Columbia Basin College (CBC), in partnership with the Eastern Region Ag Consortium (ERAC), offers a unique custom agreement for CBC students interested in pursuing a four-year Agriculture degree within the community and technical college system. Students pursuing an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Agriculture Production degree at CBC, and who follow the advising recommendations above, can transfer into the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Agriculture Systems at Walla Walla Community College.
Students in the AAS in Agriculture Production degree at CBC will learn to:
- Identify and describe crop varieties, pests, diseases and weeds of the Pacific Northwest.
- Articulate and demonstrate proper safety procedures in all aspects of crop production.
- Demonstrate proper use of production equipment and maintenance.
- Utilize precision agriculture techniques in crop production and irrigation management.
Describe agriculture business and marketing.
The BAS in Agricultural Systems offers hands-on career training. Employers actively seek graduates of BAS programs because they have gained the necessary knowledge and applicable skills to immediately enter the workforce with minimal to no additional training.
Students in the BAS in Agricultural Systems degree at Walla Walla Community College will:
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Analyze the interactions between the natural, human, climatic, political, and economic components of the agroecosystem
- Adjust or identify pathways to minimize the many potential negative effects on environmental, societal and human health
- Contribute to the agricultural industry through hands-on exposure to diverse experiences and perspectives grounded in applied science and reality
- Agricultural/Research Technician
- Agriculture Extension Agent
- Crop Advisor/Consultant
- International Development Officer
- Livestock Manager
- Loan Officer
- Natural Resource Conservation Specialist
- Nursery and Greenhouse Manager
- Precision Agriculture Specialist
- Production Supervisor
- Sales Manager
Current Job Openings in Washington State