Skill Standards answer two critical questions:
- What do workers need to know and be able to do in order to be successful in today’s workplace?
- How do we know when workers are performing well?
- Agricultural & Diesel Equipment Mechanic
- Irrigation Technician
- John Deere Agricultural Equipment Technician
- Turf Equipment Service Technician
- Turf Management Technician
Irrigation Technology Skills Panel
The Agriculture Center of Excellence initiated a Skills Panel for Irrigation Technology.The Center contacted over 200 industry representatives and organizations, from a list provided by the Walla Walla Community College Irrigation Technology Program.The Skills Panel was hosted on February 23rd, 2011, in Ellensburg at Central Washington University. Industry participation in the Skills Panel was limited due to inclement weather on the day of the event, approximately 40 participants confirmed attendance, due to snow and winter driving conditions only seven industry representatives attended the event. The participant number allowed for more feedback and discussion, resulting in a large number of edits for the Irrigation Technology Skill Standard, which was last updated in 1999.
Thank you to Skills Panel Participants:
- Brad Anderson, Badger Mountain Irrigation District, Kennewick, WA
- Wayne Gilman, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Olympia, WA
- Greg Harting, United Pipe & Supply, Pasco, WA
- Leigh Nelson, USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service, Ephrata, WA
- Troy Peters, Washington State University Extension Service, Prosser, WA
- David Thompson, United Pipe & Supply, Wenatchee, WA
- Paul Woodman, United Pipe & Supply, Tacoma, WA
Last Updated 8.26.14